Monday, November 10, 2008

Dinner!!

Greetings!

Ok!! Just had a fantastic dinner. Granted it was nothing fancy. When I say fantastic, I mean the kid's ate everything I put on their plate and Tree Farmer went back for more. He actually commented that we could have this once a month. I have to add that I did not find it complicated at all. It took maybe 40 minute's to put together. That includes browning the beef and chopping onion AND chasing Princess E. Cleaning is also included...

I put it all together at 12:30 today and then baked it at dinner time.

By the way, I used my Pampered Chef stoneware casserole dish. I think it is 12 x 9 ish. I don't know exactly. I just tried to measure it with the ruler and that is what I got... It is pretty big.

I was planning on having leftovers for tomorrow night. BUT there is not enough left!!! That never happens here. Normally there is so much left that it sits in the frig and well, takes on a life of its on. So, now there is nothing for dinner tomorrow night. AND the kid's are home all day for the holiday SO I KNOW THERE WILL BE KNOW DINNER TOMORROW!!!

Maybe you can make it one day.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Cindy's Baked Spaghetti


Ingredients:

6 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti (I used angel hair)
1 lb. hamburger, ground chuck...
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
3/4 cup beef broth
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Cook spaghetti according to directions. Drain and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook hamburger and onions in a large skillet, stirring until meat is brown and crumbles. Drain well.

Stir the salt, pepper, chili powder, 1/3 shredded cheddar, the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard into the meat mixture. Simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in spaghetti and beef broth.

Spoon mixture into a baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar and the shredded mozzarella.

Bake 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned slightly.

No comments: